About the Final Report
Next March, registered Energy and Spirit groups will receive a request for a final report, due April 15. You can request the form from firstname.lastname@example.org any time if you finish earlier. The final report will ask for the following:
Part 1: Participation grants for youth
Please include the following information regarding any high school youth in the classes of 2024-2027 who were actively engaged in this challenge. Do not include occasional drop-ins or members with both infrequent attendance and minimal contributions.
Name of participant______________________
Email of participant______________________
Year participant will graduate from high school_______________________
Part 2: Application for youth-group related prizes:
The group leader submits this application. It will request:
- One-paragraph description of the church’s activities or accomplishments
- One-paragraph description of the role that youth played
- One paragraph from a pastor or other church leader who was not directly involved with the project. How does this person view the young people’s participation in this process and its contribution to the church?
- For the Energy Challenge, do some math: Document quantifiable changes in carbon footprint if possible (i.e. projections from a solar installer or summary of carbon footprint work.) How much carbon do you think your actions will keep out of the air per year?
For the Spirit Challenge, explain why the project you chose seemed like the right one for your context.
- Two to three photos. Submitting a given photo indicates that the people in the photo and their parents have given permission for it to be used in church media. List the full name of people in the foreground of each picture.
If you are selected for a group prize, does your group have an idea what nature experience within 200 miles of your church you would select? Thinking about this early may help motivate your group.