The current need is for a council member from the US. We especially encourage people of color or Latinx heritage to apply. We need to hear your voices! Current U.S. council members are from Northern Indiana, Oregon, South Dakota, and Virginia, so we prefer that a new representative be from another area. Please apply by September 13.
Who we are: Mennonite Creation Care Network seeks peace with creation by connecting people with resources, each other and the Mennonite faith tradition.
We publish an email newsletter, provide resources via website, host monthly gatherings for people working at creation care in congregational settings, tell stories, foster relationships and administer two small grant programs.
Meet our current council.
- Attend one two-day annual meeting in person and two additional online evening meetings per year. Provide ideas and counsel.
- This is a three-year commitment which may be renewed.
- Support the work of Mennonite Creation Care Network by contributing in one or more of the following ways:
- By helping us reach Mennonite congregations
- By helping us build connections with partner organizations such as Mennonite nonprofits.
- Through your insights into and connection with an underrepresented group in MCUSA (under 40, Hispanic, African American or other person of color.)
- By sharing your knowledge of and connection to our constituency in your region
- By lending expertise in a relevant topical area. Examples might be environmental education, sustainability, fundraising, organizational management, biodiversity.
- Through faithful prayer
- Embrace hope and action in response to the environmental issues that trouble you.
- Interaction with fun people who share your concern for our planet.
- All-expenses-paid trip to Goshen, IN, each year.